Monday 22 March 2010

Jake's Post

Here's Jake's post, from the end of the first week:

Rehearsing in the soon to re-open MAC has been a trip down memory lane as well as an exciting glimpse of the future. The spacious, airy Randle and English studios were where I made my first professional show in the UK, with Stan's Cafe in 1997, and it's great to be back. The anticipation of the new programme of work is buzzing around the venue and I'm glad to be a part of that with Jane and the rest of the Treasured crew.

It's been a fair while since I devised with a group of entirely new collaborators, and although I've known Jane and Sam for some time it's throwing up some welcome reminders on how to keep a devising process fresh, enjoyable and productive. In terms of content, working on a piece of intimate theatre once again has helped me re-evaluate my thoughts on this type of work. The commissioned pieces of jewellery that form the centrepiece of the work are truly stunning, and along with the stories inspired by them we have a rich seam to mine for material.

I'm looking forward to finding out how next weeks group of collaborators inform the process...

ARCHIVE