Thursday 1 November 2012

The last 8 months

It been a good 8 months since I lasted posted - I never have been a very consistent on a communication front...
Much of that time has been spent planning and prepping and taking time for a good patch of questioning with the help of the brilliant Thomas Wildish who is working at a strategic level as a producer for JPC.
We've also shown A Thousand Shards of Glass at A.E Harris in Birmingham and taken it to Edinburgh as part of Northern Stage's fantastic venue at St Stephen's (the old Aurora Nova).
This was my first Edinburgh with my own show there, which was a very different, and good experience. Kind of most fantastic of all was the brilliance of Lucy Ellinson who performed our show and then went straight into set up for Will Eno's Oh The Humanity. It was a lesson in both versatile acting and professionalism, and I think everyone who saw the two performances back to back was astounded!
It was really fantastic to be part of a venue that held the experience of audiences above financial return, and enabled such a wonderful atmosphere of comradery and celebration. I'm really looking forward to dropping back in as a punter to Northern Stage's next 2 years at Edinburgh.
I've also done a lot of travelling around the country - aware that I've been very West Mids focussed I've been starting to engage with people and venues doing exciting work across the country. It has made me really appreciate the talent, care and radicalism of the people out there, making live performance, and it has made me prouder to be one of them.


ARCHIVE