Monday 14 April 2008

Bite Size in May
















I'm working on a new show that will be part of a West Midlands theatre festival, "Bite Size", on May 31st at Warwick Arts Centre. I'm really excited to be part of the day of events, which is the first festival of its kind in the region - certainly since I've been here. See www.warwickartscentre.co.uk for the festival line up.

Our piece (as yet untitled) is a 20 minute monologue for a small audience. I'm really pleased to be working closely with Ben Pacey again as writer and lighting designer, and also with two new collaborators; Matt Rogers (composer) and Jessica Parfitt (performer). Here is the publicity blurb about it:

There's thirty-one of us. And I'm afraid.

I'm afraid of falling. I'm afraid of the dark.

I'm afraid that you're concealing something – there – in your heart.


An exploration of fear and hope… and the joy of holding on, even though it hurts.

ARCHIVE